Thursday, October 29, 2009

If God is so good then why do bad things happen to good people?

An area in my life and walk with Christ that I have been struggling with is this whole area of "Bad things happening to Good people." I think growing up in a Christian family, attending christian schools and having a personal relationship with Christ I have always known that bad things happen to all of us, Christian or not, and that just because I follow and desire to be like Christ that doesn't mean my life will be easy. I think last Sept (2008) is when it really hit me that bad things really do happen to good people. When my friend's husband was killed instantly, a man that truly lived his life to glorify God and lead others to Him, a "good" person not just by my standards but by the worlds as well or in Oct of 2008 when my grandmother was taken by the evil and horrible disease of cancer. A lady who was a dedicated wife to a pastor,loving mom and grandmother a very faithful prayer warrior, a "good" person. I hear every day of little babies loosing their lives to illnesses and even in my own life there are areas where I am like why God are you allowing these bad things happen to me.

So I wanted to share a few things God has been teaching me in this whole journey to really see what my Bible and what God has to say about this question if you will.

*Remember I am no Bible scholar this is just from my heart and some of the things I've been learning*

1. Some of the harsh things we face are initiated by God who is simply enforcing justice.
2. Our choices have consequences.
3. God is not the creator of evil and suffering
3. Though suffering is not good God can and does use it to accomplish good.
4. God can use pain to draw us to Himself
5. God can use trails to sharpen the character of us
6. God disciplines His children to teach us the right path to take
7. God uses bad circumstances to bring about good ends
8. The day is coming when suffering will cease and evil will be judged
9. Any suffering we experience in this life pales in comparison with the good God has in store for us
10. We get to decide whether our pain is going to harder or soften us
11. God promises to walk with us in our pain and suffering if we only let Him.

Wow how God been streeeeetching and teaching me alot and I still have alot to learn but I hope that me sharing a bit will maybe help someone else out there who may be kinda asking God that same question. The only thing I know forsure is that my little brain will never learn and know all there is to know here on earth but oh what a happy day when I see my Creator face to face, I think then all my questions will be answered with just the look at His face.

"God is always good, always good IS God!!"

3 comments:

  1. Katie, this was great. You may not blog much but when you do I always want to read what you have to say and your words always resonate with me and meet me right where I am at :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - I really appreciated reading this, and I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I needed to hear all of this!

    ReplyDelete