Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday already...

Well I know I said I would update daily with things Im thankful for so I think I missed three days so I have some making up to do, but in my defense not that I really need to defend myself after all it is my blog but anyways we have had a very very busy weekend filled with a wedding, birthday party and house paper signing!!

First thing today I am thankful for is Love.

I was asked to sing at my cousins wedding and I accepted the request so on Saturday I did so. It was a beautiful wedding. Weddings are so much fun. A great excuse to get dressed up, catch up with friends and family, watch two people embark on their new journey together and watch them commit themselves to each other before God. I am such a mushy person to - I just love LOVE (If that makes sense) I also received a special message from a friend late last night in which she finished by saying "I love ya " which just melted my heart. I love to be told I am loved. I think we all do. I am sad that the word "Love" gets over used all the time. It get thrown around like we love chocolate, we love our coach bag, we love Fall, ect I am just as guilty but when you truly love someone it changes you. It changes how you treat someone. Here are some pictures from our busy weekend.


Me singing at the wedding...


My super hot husband and I at the reception...


The newly married couple...



On Sunday we spent the day with my husbands family celebrating his Nana's 85th birthday. 85... I can't even imagin getting to that age but God has blessed her to live that long. It was a busy yet fun day spent with family. We ate so much delicious food and also got to go flying.



Here my brother in law and I are flying up over his house. Can I just restate someone I have said before - our God is such a creator. When your up in the sky you can see the tops of the trees and man it looks like a painted picture. It is literally breath taking. The view was so gorgeous!




I guess today I am also thankful for family, for life and for a new week. As much as I do not like Mondays it reminds me that we are beginning a new week. A new week in which God has blessed us and given us the chance to enjoy life, live for him, love others and make a difference in this world. Today is a gift, not our right! So even though it is really cold and rainy here and I wish I could have stayed in my warm bed, reading a book or drinking tea I am thankful I have today even if it is Monday!

How was your weekend? What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! You looked great when you were singing!
    Thanks for the reminder in the last paragraph as well. It's a good attitude to be thankful for the new week, rather than grumpy because it's Monday! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weddings are always so much fun and you looked gorgeous. Really like your dark hair! And thanks for the reminder on what love truly means!

    ReplyDelete