Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Well I have been so busy - excuses I know - so busy in fact that I have a million, yes that is a bit of an exaggeration, blogs to catch up reading but busy is sometimes fun and in my case it has been.

Well where should I start - probably with my most exciting news... WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!! My husband and I have been saving saving saving for over 2 years now and praying for God to show us where he wants us to live and start a family and buy our first house. We have lived in two different places since we've been married equating to two different apartments and as hard as living in an apartment has been for us it was worth the wait. We truly believe that God wants us to be wise with our money after all it is all His money he has just in trusted it to us. So my husband and I agreed on an amount of money we wanted to have before we bought a house. So we started looking seriously in about the end of May... we looked in two different cities and were just praying that God would show us His will for us and bring the "perfect" house for us. We found lots we like but none that we "loved" until June 25th - we viewed 4 houses that day and we fell in love with the first house of the day. 85 Bloomington.... 85 is a great number as it was the year both my husband and I were born... the house is only 2 years old and we wanted a newer home... its the perfect size we wanted .... and they accepted our offer on the first try so we definitely felt Gods hand in all of it. We don't close till October but thats ok because we are just so excited and thankful for finding "our house"... which still sounds very weird to say. So we are excited to start this new chapter in our journey together as homeowners.... so I spend my nights lying in bed dreaming of how Im going to decorate my house ect... its so exciting!

Other exciting news my cousin who is like my little sister came on June 18th and has been staying with us for the past 4 weeks and it has been so much fun. I love her to pieces she is just like a mini me and Im sad she is leaving on Friday, but it has been so fun and we have made some lasting memories. She and my other cousins and Uncle and Aunt live in Peru and are missionaries there so its hard to believe I wont see her for another 1 1/2 as they come home ever 2 years (they were home last summer on furlow) but next time she comes back to stay for college so Im excited for that and for her to come stay in her bedroom at MY house!!!

My husband and I have also been busy packing for our trip out west. We fly out tomorrow to Calgary for 5 days as my sister in law (my husbands sister) is getting married on Saturday. We are very excited about our short trip especially to see our niece who we met at Christmas but is now 11 months old and growing by the day. I am looking forward to the trip it will be very very busy and fly by I know but we intend to enjoy ever minute of being together with family as distance makes that hard to do alot. I will take pictures and post when I get back.

So all in all our lives have been very busy this summer and it doesn't look like they will be slowing down anytime soon but it is an enjoyable busy if you know what I mean.

I hope everyone is having a great summer so far. Is anyone still following the bachelorette? I almost had to stop because Wes was getting on my nerves too much but so happy he is gone and Ed is back!! I have been rooting for Ed since the first episode and was sad when he had to leave and I respected his decision cause I don't know what I would do in that situation. I really like Reed, Kiptyn and Ed - ultimately I hope Ed wins but the other two guys I would be just as happy to see with Jillian. So we will see.... oh reality tv what would we do without you!!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been really busy! Congratulations on buying a house! That's so exciting! We need pictures of it. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house! That is so exciting! :) You will love being homeowners! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new home. I can't wait to see pictures. If you need any help decorating let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting and how fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new HOUSE! I can’t wait to see pictures of it! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thx katie for your sweet comment...i got the onesies at Gymboree!!

    ReplyDelete